Successful applicants receive a full-time scholarship for each academic year.
The yearly scholarship package for one student includes:
- University fees (£700)
- Coaching and mentoring (£50)
- Transport & lunch (£250)
- Materials (£150)
- Administration (£50)
Annual bursary excluding laptop: £1,200
Total 1st year cost (incl. laptop): £1,400
The scholarships are announced each year through the university website and through civil society and educational institutes. Students will submit their application via email or as hard copy in one of the three languages of the Trust, Dari, Pashtu or English.
The selection committees comprise of members of the university in question, a representative of the Trust and two to three independent academic and civil society representatives.
The scholarships are awarded in accordance with the Memorandum of Agreement between the Farkhunda Trust and the relevant university in Afghanistan. A Farkhunda Trust representative in Kabul and the Trust Director in the UK monitor the performance of the scholars and the mentoring and studying process.
Our Selection Process includes:
- Scholars initial assessment process – undertaken in-house
- Full short-list created – undertaken with partner University committee
- Second short-list and interview – undertaken by a mixed committee
- Home visits of top candidates
- Letter of verification
- Trustees / Director – final assessment committee
- Resources transferred to scholars
Our Workshops and Conferences include:
- Research Methods
- Academic Studies
- Gender Studies
One year university education for a student costs:
£1,400 / $1,900 / €1,600 / AFN130,00 / AED7,000