Successful applicants receive a full-time scholarship for each academic year.
The yearly scholarship package for one student includes:
- University fees (£650)
- Mentoring & Leadership Development (£500)
- Food & Transport (£250)
- Studying Material (£150)
- Laptop & Phone (£115)
- Health Care (£35)
- Administration (£50)
Annual Total Cost: £1,750
The scholarships are announced each year through the university website and through civil society and educational institutes. Students will submit their application via email or as hard copy in one of the three languages of the Trust, Dari, Pashtu or English.
The selection committees comprise of members of the university in question, a representative of the Trust and two to three independent academic and civil society representatives.
The scholarships are awarded in accordance with the Memorandum of Agreement between the Farkhunda Trust and the relevant university in Afghanistan. A Farkhunda Trust coordinator in Kabul and the Trust Director in the UK monitor the performance of the scholars and the mentoring and studying process.
You canmake a one-off gift or a regular donation Through Paypal or credit card,by standing order,direct debit or cash in one of our charity boxes.Or issue a cheque in the name of the FarkhundaTrust.You can donate through the FarkhundaTrust website:www.farkhundat rust .org/donat ion.You can also join our £1 monthly community donation campaign.
- £12 per month could pay for studymaterialsand booksfor one girl.
- £42 per month could cover the costsof mentoring,networking and leadershipdevelopment for one student
- £460 could provide a laptop andmovile phone for one scholar.
Our Selection Process includes:
- Scholars initial assessment process – undertaken in-house
- Full short-list created – undertaken with partner University committee
- Second short-list and interview – undertaken by a mixed committee
- Home visits of top candidates
- Letter of verification
- Trustees / Director – final assessment committee
- Resources transferred to scholars
Our Workshops and Conferences include:
- Research Methods
- Academic Studies
- Gender Studies
- Community empowerment
- Leadership Networking relevant knowledge and skills buiding
- Teacher Training